Our Toolkit of Games, Frameworks and Exercises
We love to use games and exercises to liven up our workshops, stimulate creativity and generate innovative ideas and new ways of thinking. We make it our job to research and demo new tools and also create our own games and frameworks.
We love helping companies and teams with innovation challenges of all sizes from large scale idea to prototype and launch efforts down to simple efforts to instill an innovation mindset. We are often asked about easy ways to stimulate innovative thinking so we made a list of our favorite “infusions” – 10 fun and effective tools you can use to get your team thinking creatively. Also, check out our innovation blog posts for more ideas.
Check out our Top 10 and let us know if you’d like to talk more about innovation.
Some Games We Created
We love using games as exercises in our ideation sessions, design thinking workshops, and team building efforts. Using games sparks creativity, helps build collaboration, and even makes a tough topic approachable. Some of our favorite game resources are Innovation Games, Gamestorming, Standford d.school , and Doodle Revolution. Inspired by their creativity we have developed a few games of our own that we want to share.
For each game we are giving you everything you need to facilitate the game, you simply need to download the PDFs. We only ask that you keep the Clearworks logo on the printouts and credit us where appropriate. If you have any questions or want to chat about our games you can reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org. Have fun!
Superpower is a fun game that has multiple applications. We like to use it as a creativity warm up for an innovation workshop or as a team building exercise.
- Superpower Facilitator instructions: Everything you need to know to facilitate Superpower
- Superpower Participant instructions: Instructions to share with participants in your session
- Superpower large format worksheet: Flip chart sized worksheet used to play the game. Print one of these for each team that will be playing Superpower. It prints up to 36inx24in.
The Award is a great visioning exercise. We use it to kick start ideation in our design thinking and innovation workshops. It gets teams thinking about the future of new products, services, solutions and programs. We also like to use it as a team building visioning exercise.
The Award downloads:
- The Award Facilitator instructions: Everything you need to know to facilitate The Award
- The Award Participant instructions: Instructions to share with participants in your session
- The Award large format worksheet: lip chart sized worksheet used to play the game. Print one of these for each team that will be playing The Award. It prints up to 36inx24in.
We have more games in the works so be sure to check back!